These villagers should make the cut for Animal Crossing amiibo cards
We know a lot of things about these amiibo cards, despite the next wave of money stealers only having made their Japanese debut on July 30, 2015. There’s the fact that they’ll work with both Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and amiibo Festival. They’re affordably priced, with three cards costing ¥300. A whopping 100 of them are going to be released in that first wave, which means trolling eBay for people’s dupes will be the most cost effective method of collecting. But, did you also know that we already know 24 of the villagers that will appear in round one?
Yes, it’s something that might have been easy to overlook, but Nintendo already revealed a fourth of the welcoming party. In addition to “face” characters like Isabelle, Tom Nook, DJ K.K., Digby, Lyle and new addition Lottie, 17 of our neighbors won’t be a surprise. In case you’re having trouble reading the names off of that image up there, here’s the who’s who of characters lucky enough to receive the honor of getting a card.
It’s a good list, I suppose. The lineup is solid, filled with characters that have appeared in all five of the games. But some notable characters are missing. By which I mean, some villagers that are my absolute favorites may not be part of this wave. Given that Nintendo knows amiibo are a money maker, we’ll probably eventually see all 458 of them. But these folks should show up sooner, rather than later.
- Alphonso: For nostalgia’s sake, one of my very first villagers should really be there.
- Bluebear: If you can’t support a Bluebear card, then I don’t know if we can be friends anymore.
- Brewster: We can’t live without our Pigeon Milk. Besides, Hatoful Boyfriend has made birds so hot right now.
- Cube: Because Graham will give me that look if this cool dude doesn’t make this list.
- Lucky: He’s such a good boy? Who’s a good boy? Huh? Who’s a good dog. You are!
- Marshal: We haven’t seen any hamster cards yet. Also, he looks a little like a marshmallow.
- Redd: Given his affinity for money, it’d be a bit odd if he didn’t wet his beak here.
- Rosey: She’s not only the second cutest cat in the game (Lolly’s first, and I’ll fight anyone who says otherwise), she’s practically the Animal Crossing mascot character.
- Stitches: Think of it as honoring him for his actions in Ruby Quest.
- Tia: I’m a sucker for an animal with a punny name, so my love for Tia the teapot-headed elephant knows no bounds.
Which Animal Crossing amiibo cards do you want to see?
Questions? Comments? Talk to us on Twitter or Facebook!